Whatever the weather, terrain or distance, the Salomon XA Pro 3D Trail Running Shoe has you covered. Offering an incredible fit, improved durability, and a grip that inspires confidence, the XA Pro 3D provides protection when running on rough terrain. Upper A quick drying breathable mesh upper allows the foot to breathe, keeping it cool and dry as you take on the rough terrain. The quicklace system allows for easy on and easy off, whilst the Asymmetrical lacing system delivers a snug and personalised fit, particularly important when tackling rugged terrain. A tongue cover provides protection against stones and debris from entering the shoe. There is also the added feature of a protective rubber toe cap to provide protection from knocks and abrasions on harder, aggressive terrain. Midsole The shoe features an Ortholite midsole, which provides comfort and cushioning to the foot, as well as aiding with durability, to create a shoe that caters for all the needs and requirements of serious trail runners. Merged between the midsole and the outsole, lies the 3D Chassis, a low profile advanced chassis that maximise’s security, motion control, energy management and push through protection for a high performance, stable and responsive ride. Outsole The Salomon XA Pro 3D features a Contagrip outsole, providing unique traction technology. With a mix of compound, lob geometry and density, it gives the shoe brilliant grip and durability, regardless of the terrain underneath. What is Contagrip®? Utilising differing combinations of harder, softer and grippier Contagrip® compounds, Salomon’s adventure running outsoles provide the perfect blend of grip and durability to cover a multitude of terrains at high speeds. Designed with specifically positioned forefoot flex grooves and self cleaning multi-directional lugs, the Outsole is field tested and race proven to dynamically tackle rugged terrains.
- Sensfit System – Works to cradle the foot whilst providing a precise and secure fit.
- Non-Marking Contagrip® Outsole – Employs differing combinations of harder, softer and grippier Contagrip® compounds.
- 3D Advanced ChassisTM – Salomon’s low profile Advanced ChassisTM, placed between the outsole and midsole, maximises security, motion control, energy management and push through protection for a high performance, stable and responsive ride.
- Breathable Mesh Upper – Quick drying and allows the foot to breathe, keeping it cool and dry at all times.
- Quicklace System – Easy on, easy off system for a secure and customised fit.